Provide in person and over the phone advocacy, shelter and housing navigation to those fleeing violence and or affected by homelessness throughout a 27-county service area.
What you will do:
- Provide advocacy, crisis counseling, and access to crisis services and housing programs to callers on our crisis line.
- Support the crisis services team in navigating safe shelter options and diversion strategies for survivors of violence.
- Provide victim advocacy, crisis counseling and education to survivors of violence staying at Friends House.
- Support the team in maintaining the shelter facility.
- Comply with data tracking and documentation requirements.
How You Will Succeed:
- People First- Everyone matters and you regard people's well-being and success as a priority.
- Drive Change- We learn not to fear change but instead embrace it enthusiastically. It is even more important that we encourage and drive it. That keeps us in a healthy state of change readiness. Change is based around humbleness and an understanding that we can always grow and get better.
- Equity and Inclusion-Believe that diversity makes us all better and enjoy working with people of different backgrounds. Work to make every client, colleague and stakeholder feel welcome and understand that we must provide equitable opportunities for all.
- Emotional Intelligence – EQ allows us to step back and review the consequences of a decision using our emotions as a point of reference rather than as a basis for the decision. It is the ability to understand and manage your own emotions, and those of the people around you.
- Grit - Individuals high in grit can maintain their determination and motivation over long periods despite experiencing failure and adversity. Grit is having the passion, resilience, determination and focus that helps you to be optimistic, persevere and achieve any goals that you may have.
- Understand, align with and practice under the following philosophies/models: Housing First Model, Trauma-Informed Care, Client-Centered Approach, Harm Reduction, and Low-Barrier Shelter.
- Believe in our 10-year vision: Everyone has a home.
- Believe in our mission: To provide safe shelter, confidential services, and housing assistance to individuals in crisis due to homelessness, domestic violence, sexual assault, and human trafficking.
- Understand the 6 components of the Entrepreneurial Operating System (EOS).